Welcome from the Adam’s Apples Foundation (AAF) and the Core Connector Initiative (CCI). The AAF is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the mental health and wellbeing of youth through connection and education - Connecting Youth One Conversation At A Time. The CCI offers opportunities for adolescents to enrich their sense wellbeing; become effective listeners; reduce anxiety; increase their understanding of mental health; and support others. Ideally, the group size for the CCI workshops would be 16-20 students in grades 10-12. Due to our interactive and experiential approach, we require at least 12 enthusiastic participants so that they might have memorable experiences that promote lasting mental wellbeing. The CCI major topics are:
- Listening and Being Listened To
- Finding Light in Our Despairing World
- Calming Your Whole Self
- Turning Away From Our Addicting World
- Navigating Our Worried World
- How You Think Matters
- Taking Care of You
- Making Better Happen
The CCI workshop is designed to be delivered over nine hours. We can offer the CCI as a two-day (2 x 4 1/2 hour sessions) or a three-day (3 x 3 hour sessions) or an abbreviated one day (4 1/2 hour session). At the end of the workshop participants will receive a Mental Health Literacy Certificate. Additionally, two $500 scholarships are available each year to CCI participants.
The CCI is offered free of charge. The AAF is a non-profit organization funded solely through donations and stewarded by a volunteer Board of Directors; donations to Adam’s Apples by your organization are not expected, but would be gratefully accepted so that we can continue offering the program to as many students in British Columbia as possible. If you would like the CCI to be offered to the students in your school or the youth in your community centre, here’s what you will need to do:
- Book a space to conduct the workshop(s);
- Inform your students/youth - put up the CCI poster, make announcements and recruit potential participants;
- Hand out the CCI Information Package to those who are interested;
- Ask them to register directly with you by submitting their one page signed Consent Form and Confidentiality Agreement (please share these with us at the workshop); and
- Email us the names and grades of those who have applied for the CCI. Please let us know if you have concerns about someone’s suitability for the program.
You are invited to join us at the workshops. Drop in for as long as you are able to, and feel free to participate.
For further information about Adam’s Apples or the Core Connector Initiative please go to www.adamsapples.ca or contact us at www.adamsapples.ca